Best Mutton Keema Recipe
The Mutton keema recipe you can try at home easily, famous in Pakistan and India best in texture, and very delicious. Choice of both the old and kids the mutton keema is loved everywhere in the world.
It is a super delicious recipe often ordered in the restaurants of South Asia, especially in India and Pakistan. Mutton keema is mostly tried on Eid especially Eid ul Azha in Pakitan and other Muslim countries. But you can try it on any occasion of the year at home very easily.
I have also shared many mutton and chicken recipes, you definitely, love them.
Keema Samosa Recipe
Egg Korma Recipe
Chicken Shami Kabab Recipe
For more Cooking Videos
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
KEYWORD: Mutton Keema
Ingredients for mutton keema
Crushed Whole Spices (Garam Masala):
- Green Cardamoms- 4
- Cinnamon-2 small
- Black Cardamom-1
- Black Peppercorns- 8
- Bay Leaf(cut)- 1
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 3 tsp
- Crushed Pepper- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves), dry roasted and crushed- 2 tsp
- Onion, chopped- 2 large (around 180 gms)
- Ginger, chopped- 4 tsp
- Garlic, chopped- 4 tsp (8 cloves)
- Green Chillies, chopped- 4-5 (4 tsp)
- Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
- Salt-2 tsp
- Refined Oil- 3 tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Ginger, julienned- 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves, chopped- 3-4 tbsp
- Crush the whole spices mentioned above lightly in a mortar & pestle.
- Chop the onions & green chillies and peel and chop the ginger & garlic.
- Chop the coriander leaves for use later as garnish.
- Also, Julianne an inch of ginger and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a flat pan & add the crushed whole spices. Give a stir and then add the mace and bay leaf.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 5 mins till the color changes.
- Add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Give a mix and then fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add the minced meat (keema), Turmeric, Red Chilli and Coriander Powder & salt, mix and fry on high heat for 5-7 mins till browned and most of the water has dried up.
- Now add the crushed pepper, Garam masala powder and crushed Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves), give a mix and continue to fry on medium heat for 5-7 mins till oil separates.
- Now add 150 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook on low heat for around 15 mins till meat is tender. Remove lid and if not tender you can add more water and cover and cook for another 5-10 mins till tender.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Now add lemon juice and garnish with julienned ginger and chopped coriander leaves. Mix and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 87
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g 6%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 1IU0%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
Leave a Comment