This is the perfect way to use up any of your leftover roast veggies or a simple meal to prep for lunches during the week. Tossed with a tangy-sweet dressing, you’ll love this roast vegetable salad. This salad works perfectly as a side dish to any meal, or I like to maa large batch and eat it for lunches during the week. It’s easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Chopping Board
- Chefs Knife
- Baking Sheet
- Salad Servers
Ingredients for Vegetables Salad Recipe
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Handful of Greens
- 2 Teaspoons Wholegrain Honey Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Instructions: How to Make Vegetable Salad
Step 1. Start by opening a can of chickpeas and leaving them to drain over a bowl while prepping the veggies. Place all of the veggies onto a baking sheet, and sprinkle the drained chickpeas over the top. Drizzle over a few tablespoons of oil, I like to use olive oil, as well as a pinch of both salt and pepper.
Step 2. Use your hands to toss the vegetables together so everything is evenly coated. Place the roast vegetables into the oven at 200 celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for about 30-45 minutes. Just keep checking up on it after about 30 minutes. You want the potato to be tender while also having some color on the vegetables.
Step 3. Remove the tray from the oven and leave the veggies too cool. When you are ready to make the salad start by combining the ingredients for the dressing. 2 teaspoons of wholegrain honey mustard, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. and mix together until well combined.
Step 4. Add a few handfuls of greens, whichever kind you would like, or whatever you have on hand to a salad bowl and top with the roasted vegetables and the maple balsamic dressing. Use salad serves to toss the salad and it’s ready to plate. Top with a few toasted pine nuts before serving.
Some quick steps to Make Vegetable Salad
- Drain the chickpeas and cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking sheet.
- Alternatively, if you have leftover roast vegetables remove them from the fridge to come up to room temperature.
- Drizzle over the oil and salt + pepper and use your hands to toss the vegetables to coat.
- Place into a 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit oven for 30-45 minutes or until the potato is tender and vegetables have some color.
- Leave to cool.
- To assemble the salad mix together the mustard, balsamic, and maple syrup in a jar.
- In a salad bowl add the greens and roast vegetables and pour over the dressing. Toss with salad servers and serve.