Chicken Jalfrezi is the Indian and Pakistani famous spicy curry recipe you must try. Spicy in taste and easy to make at home. This Chicken Jalfrezi needs some basic ingredients to make. A beginner can also try this recipe. Believe me, if taste it once you will try it again and again.
Chicken Jalfrezi is also offered in Indian, UK, and Pakistani restaurants but you must try this delicious Chicken Jalfrezi recipe at your home to make your dining remarkable. No matter where from you in the world.
You may also love my other chicken recipes,
Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe, Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe, Chicken Cutlets Recipe
This Chicken Jalfrezi is served with naan, chappatis or basmati rice.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 75 mins
Keyword: Chicken Jalfrezi
Autor: Allrecipesweb team.
Boneless Chicken pieces- 500 gms
Fry the chicken with:
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Onions, thick slices- 2 medium (140 gms)
- Ginger, julienned- 1” piece (1 tbsp)
- Garlic, sliced- 7-8 (2 tsp)
- Green Pepper/Capsicum, cubed- 1 medium ( 1 cup or 90 gms)
- Red Pepper/Capsicum, cubed- 1 medium ( 1 cup or 90 gms)
- Readymade Tomato purée – 5 tbsp
- Green Chillies, sliced- 3-4
- Coriander leaves chopped- 2 tbsp
- Refined Oil- 3.5 tbsp
- Salt for seasoning- a pinch
- Cut the chicken fillets into 1-inch chunks.
- Slice the onions and green chillies.
- Cut the peppers into cubes and chop the coriander leaves.
- Peel and julienne the ginger and garlic.
- Use readymade tomato purée or paste for the curry. However, in case you don’t have readymade tomato purée, you can blend 2 small red tomatoes (total 100 gms) and use them in the recipe. You may have to cook longer in case you’re using fresh purée.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces. Fry on high heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the turmeric, red Chilli powder and salt. Mix and fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the chicken is fried and the pieces are coated with the masalas.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for 6-7 mins till translucent.
- Now add the julienned ginger and garlic, give a mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the julienned peppers and mix & fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the tomato purée, give a mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add all the spice powders, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add the green chillies, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 2 more mins.
- Add 50 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins till the chicken is tender and oil separates.
- Now add the garam masala powder, give a mix and simmer for 2 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, give a mix and serve hot.
How do people search for this recipe?
Chicken Jalfrezi | Restaurant Style Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe | How To Make Chicken Jalfrezi | Jalfrezi Chicken Curry | Jalfrezi Chicken | Chicken Recipe | Chicken Curry Restaurant Style |
Calories From Fat: 152
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Vitamin C: 8.5mg
Niacin Equivalents: 7.9mg
Vitamin B6: 0.2mg
Saturated Fat: 5.5g
Vitamin A Iu: 1141.1IU
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be lower or higher depending upon your calories needs.
** Nutrition information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
(-) If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for your personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018 ESHA Research, lnc. All Rights Reserved.
What is similar to Jalfrezi?
- Tikka Masala
Is this Chicken Jalfrezi is good for me ?
Add the tomato puree and half of the tomatoes. Chicken jalfrezi is already one of the healthier curries you can order. All those veggies make the curry a healthy choice. They are usually quite spicy but that is really in your hands.