This chicken salad is fresh filling and delicious quick and easy to make and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Cook time: 15-20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Serve: 4-5 people
EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Chopping Board
- Chefs Knife
- Baking Sheet
- 1 Large Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Handfuls Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup diced Cucumber
- 3 tsp Honey
- 3 tsp Oil
- 300g | 0.6 lb Sweet Potato
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 4 Cups Salad Greens
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
How to make Chicken Salad
- Dice the Sweet Potato or Kumara into 2cm or half of an inch portion. Place on a baking sheet coated with paper. Drizzle over 1 tsp of honey, 2 tsp of oil, and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and region in a 200C / 400F oven for 20-25 mins or till golden brown and caramelized.
- Season both aspects of the hen breast with salt and drizzle over 1 tsp of honey. Turn the fowl breast sometimes to cover flippantly inside the honey.
- Heat a nonstick frypan over medium heat and add in the pumpkin seeds. Toast, tossing now and again until aromatic and starting to brown. Set to the side on a plate.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in the equal frypan over medium warmth and upload the fowl breast. Cook for about five-6 minutes on every facet or till cooked via. Adjust temperature now and again to make sure the bird isn’t getting an excessive amount of coloration.
- To make the salad dressing upload the extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp of honey, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small jar. Screw on the lid and shake until calmly mixed.
- To serve the salad blend collectively the salad vegetables, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and caramelized sweet potato. Slice the cooked chicken into strips and upload on the pinnacle, sprinkle over the toasted sunflower seeds and pour over the dressing.
- The fowl breast may be changed for 2 fowl thighs if desired. If the chicken is much thicker on one side use a heavy object to pound it out to cook more evenly.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)