This Chicken Stir Fry is about as east it gets. It starts with some cubed chicken breast, chicken thighs also work well for the chicken stir fry. To make this chicken stir fry you’ll need and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes, carrots, broccoli, soy sauce, and garlic.
I like to start with the chicken when I’m making a stir fry because as they brown and create a layer of flavor in the skillet. This easy chicken stir fry is loaded with fresh veggies and some delicious sauce as made with honey toasted sesame oil and soy sauce.
This chicken stir recipe will become a staple in your home. It’s so quick to make and you can use any kind of vegetable available in your kitchen. It’s tastes wonderful regarding which vegetable and ingredients you are going to use. This chicken stir fry will become an easy go-to dinner. You will wow your family and guests alike with this chicken stir fry. Chicken stir fry is great served over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or noodles
TIPS FOR THE BEST CHICKEN STIR FRY
Cut your vegetables into similar-sized pieces so they’ll cook better. If you are using carrots cut them into very thin slices so they cook fast. This is the best recipe for garlic lovers, with3-4 cloves of garlic in the sauce.
If you are not a fan of garlic you can use half of the amount. Use slow sodium chicken broth to control the salt content of the dish. You can also use low sodium soy sauce if you prefer. If you want to make this recipe gluten-free then use the tamari sauce.
Common questions about this recipe
How do you cook chicken for the stir fry?
The best way to cook the chicken for this stir fry recipe is to season it with salt and pepper, then sear it in oil in a hot pan until browned and cooked through. Be careful not to overcrowd your pan; if you add too much meat at once, the chicken will steam instead of brown. I typically cook my meat in batches for the best results.
What are three important steps to good stir fry?
- Make sure your wok is super-hot! Stir fry gets its flavors from that high heat.
- Cook the meat first. Make sure it comes to room temperature first so it cooks evenly.
- Remove the meat before cooking the vegetables. This keeps you from getting chewy, overcooked meat.
What is the best chicken for stir fry?
For chicken stir, fry chicken thighs are best but you can substitute chicken breast if you don’t have chicken thigh in your hand.
What can we serve chicken fry with?
You can serve chicken fry with your favorite side. A bowl of plain fried rice, white rice, or noodles will all work great as there are vegetables and protein in the stir fry already.
What Kind of Vegetables Do You Put In Stir Fry?
I used one of my favorite stir fry veggies in this recipe, broccoli, along with carrots and peppers. You can use virtually any vegetable in a stir fry including snow peas, green beans, mushroom, onions, sugar snap peas, and green onions.
Ingredients for Chicken Stir Fry:
Boneless Chicken – 1 lb or 450 gms (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Seasoning for the Chicken:
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- White Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Dark Soy Sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Broccoli florets- 2 US cup measure (100 gms)
- Carrots, sliced- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Red Bell Pepper- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Yellow Bell Pepper- 1 US cup measure (90 gms)
- Garlic, chopped- 2 tsp (around 4 cloves)
- Ginger, chopped- 1.5 tsp
Stir Fry Sauces:
- Chicken Stock- 1/4 cup (can use readymade low sodium chicken broth/stock too)
- Dark Soy Sauce- 2.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce- 3 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Corn slurry- 2 tsp cornflour/starch (Mixed in 1 tbsp water)
- Sesame Oil- 2 tsp
- Other Ingredients:
- Oil- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- to season
- Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Cut the boneless chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Take out the broccoli florets, cut the carrots into slices, and the red & yellow peppers into cubes.
- Also, peel and chop the garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a wok and add the chicken pieces. Give a stir for 30 secs and then add salt & white pepper powder to season the chicken.
- Now stir fry on high heat for around 2-3 mins and then add 1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce. Give a mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for another 2-3 mins till the water has completely dried up and the chicken is fried and browned.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same oil, add the chopped garlic & ginger. Give a stir for 15 secs and then add the sliced carrots and cubed red & yellow peppers. Mix and stir fry on high heat for 1 minute before adding the broccoli florets. Also, add salt to the season (a pinch) and 1/4 tsp pepper powder. Give a mix and continue to stir fry on high heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the sautéed chicken pieces and give a mix on high heat for 1 minute.
- Add the Dark Soy Sauce, Chicken broth, Red Chilli Sauce, and honey. Give a mix and stir fry on high heat for around 2 mins till the sauce has nearly dried up.
- Now add the corn slurry and the sesame oil, give a mix, and continue to stir fry on high heat for 1 min till all the sauce has dried up and coats the chicken and vegetables.
You may love our other recipes
People also search chicken stir recipes as
More Chicken Recipe
To see the videos of recipes you can visit
If you want to something else than recipes visit our other site
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 571mg | Potassium: 710 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3095IU | Vitamin C: 89.1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.4mg