Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe
Chicken Tikka Biryani is a famous dish in South Asia, especially in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. But you can try this Chicken Tikka Biryani recipe everywhere in the world. Chicken Tikka Biryani is spicy and delicious in taste and can good meal also. This chicken tikka biryani is easy to make, boneless chicken is marinated in yogurt and spices, then cooked in for making delicious.
You can also try more chicken recipes that I shared with you on this website, like the Chicken tikka masala recipe, chicken curry recipe, fried chicken recipe, grilled chicken taco recipe, etc. The preparation of the chicken tikka biryani recipe is a little bit frustrating but I will share this recipe in the easiest way. So, you can try it yourself at home. This tikka biryani is very appetizing for lunch and dinner.
- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Serving: 3-4
- Calories per serving: 350
- Keyword: Chicken Tikka Biryani
- Author: Allrecipesweb
- Level: Intermediate
For making chicken tikkas
Marination for chicken tikkas
- Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
- Refined Oil- 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 4.5 tsp
- Thick Curd/Yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
For cooking the Rice
- Basmati Rice 550-600 grams
- Water- 1.5 liters
- Green Cardamom-4
- Cloves- 4
- Shahjeera- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1.5 tbsp
For making the Gravy
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves, chopped or whole – 2 tbsp
- Water- 150 ml
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Onions, sliced- 2 medium
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
- Green Chillies, chopped- 2
- Tomato Purée- 5 tbsp
- Biryani Masala Powder- 5 tsp
- Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
For the Biryani
- Saffron Milk – 10-12 saffron strands soaked in warm milk
- Mint leaves- 2 tbsp
- To marinate, use Chicken Tikka pieces or cut the tikka pieces from boneless thigh pieces and fillets as per your preference.
- Marinate the chicken tikkas with items specified and mix well. Set it aside for one hour.
- Take half a cup of warm milk and soak 10-12 saffron strands. Mix it with a spoon and set it aside.
- Slice 2 medium onions and chop the green chilies, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Whisk the curd/ yogurt.
To cook the chicken tikkas
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and arrange the marinated tikkas side by side. Don’t crowd the pan, make it in 2 batches.
- Fry on high heat for 2 mins, flip the tikkas on the other side, and continue to fry on high heat for 2 mins on the other side.
- Flip again on the other side and continue to fry on medium heat for 3 mins each side.
- Repeat the same for the next batch too.
To make the Gravy
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for around 10 mins till light brown.
- Add the Ginger Garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the tomato purée, mix and fry on medium heat for a minute (in case you are adding fresh tomato purée cook for 2-3 mins).
- Add all the spice powders and salt to season. Mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
- Add the whisked curd/yogurt and cook on low heat while stirring for 3 mins till oil separates.
- Add the chopped green chilies, coriander leaves and mint, give a mix and cook on low heat for 1 min.
- Now add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook for 2 mins till the gravy is thick and oil separates. Set aside for use later.
To cook the Rice
- Wash & soak the Basmati Rice for 30 minutes
- Boil 1.5 liters of water in a pan on high flame.
- Add all the whole spices and 1.5 tbsp salt
- Stir it well to dissolve the salt completely. The water must be very salty.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the soaked rice & keep on high, turning it gently a few times till the rice is 90% done. This should take 8-9 mins.
- Strain the water & keep the rice aside on a big plate.
To assemble the Biryani
- Take a flat bottom pot and brush with 1 tsp ghee on the base of the pot.
- Now arrange half of the cooked rice and spread the gravy uniformly on the rice.
- Arrange the fried chicken tikkas side by side on top of the gravy. Add the mint leaves over the tikkas and spread the balance cooked rice over this.
- Spread the saffron milk on the rice.
- Close with a lid and cook covered on DUM on low heat for 8 mins.
- Let it rest for 20 mins before mixing the rice and chicken evenly.
People also search this recipe as:
Chicken Tikka Biryani Restaurant Style | Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe | Easy Chicken Tikka Biryani | Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe | Chicken Biryani | Simple Chicken Biryani Recipe for Beginners | Tikka Biryani
How can we make tikka biryani less spicy?
No doubt, this tikka biryani is very spicy, If you can’t handle spicy food, you can reduce the level of green chilies if you are using it and can reduce the red chilies powder by half.
Why Chicken Tikka Biryani is not good for health?
While biryani is known to be a high calorie-rich diet with each serving having an average of 450-500 calories, the oil, and red meat used in their preparation lead to NAFLD. But this chicken tikka biryani provides a balanced diet like carbs, fat sugar, and protein, etc. So, It’s not so harmful to health.
Is Chicken Tikka Biryani is junk food?
As, chicken tikka biryani provides balance to nutrients, like fat, sugar, proteins, and vitamins, etc. Which is healthy for health ……Although it is high in fat, it is less unhealthy than junk food. So, Chicken tikka biryani is good if you eat it within the limit.
Leave a Comment