This chicken tikka masala recipe is easy to make at home and no oven is required for this chicken tikka. This Chicken Tikka is spicy in taste and just some simple ingredients are required to make this recipe. This chicken masala is easy to make at home just in a single pan.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Additional time: 1 hr
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka
Boneless Chicken – 500 gms (cut into 2” tikka pieces)
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice-2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Hung Curd- 5 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- a pinch (1/8 tsp)
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi(Fenugreek Leaves), dry roasted & powdered- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch (1/8 tsp)
- Red Food color- a pinch (optional)
- Cooking Oil- 2.5 tbsp
- Cooking Oil- 2 tbsp
- Piece of charcoal (for infusing smoke to the marinated chicken for a barbecue flavor)
- Ghee(oil) 1 tsp
- To prepare the hung curd, strain the water from the curd or plain yogurt using a strainer or cloth to have a thick curd without any water. This may take 1.5 to 2 hrs, so plan accordingly.
- You can use chicken tikka pieces or alternatively cut boneless chicken fillets into tikkas.
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken fillets. Cut into 2” tikka shapes.
- For the 1st marinade, add all the ingredients, mix well, and set aside for 30 mins.
- To prepare the 2nd marinade, add all the ingredients specified above in a bowl.
- Whisk everything together and then add the marinated chicken pieces without the water that has been released from the chicken. Mix everything well so that the chicken tikka pieces are well coated with the marinade.
- Now infuse the marinated chicken pieces with smoke using burning coal to give a tandoor flavor to the chicken.
- For that keep a small bowl in the marinade to put the coal piece.
- Now take a small piece of coal & keep on gas flame till it has red embers.
- Hold it with a kitchen tong & place it in the small bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee to the coal. It will start to smoke. Cover the bowl immediately with a lid or plate so that the smoke remains inside the bowl. You can remove the coal after 30 mins.
- Set aside to marinate for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator. Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and arrange the marinated chicken tikkas side by side. Don’t crowd the pan, make it in 2 batches.
- Fry on high heat for 2 mins, flip the tikkas on the other side, and continue to fry on high heat for 2 mins on the other side.
- Flip again on the other side and continue to fry on medium heat for 3 mins on each side. Baste the chicken pieces with oil in the pan on both sides while the chicken is being fried.
- Repeat the above steps for the next batch too.
- Serve as an appetizer.
Per Serving: 404 calories
Fat: 28.8g 45%
Saturated Fat: 17g 84%
Protein: 24.5g 49%
Dietary Fibre: 2.5g 10%
Folate: 25mcg 6%
Iron: 3.5 mg 19%
Thiamin: 0.3mg 15%
Vitamin C: 11mg 18%
Vitamin B6: 0.7mg 36%
Calories from fat: 260.3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be lower or higher depending upon your calories needs.
** Nutrition information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
(-) If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for your personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018 ESHA Research, lnc. All Rights Reserved.
Is Chicken Tikka Masala British or Indian
This chicken masala dish is served in restaurants around the world, Chicken tikka masala is a popular Indian dish it’s also famous in the Western world. Most ingredients used in this tikka masala chicken are Indians.
Why Chicken Tikka Masala is unhealthy?
Chicken tikka masala contains a huge amount of sodium i.e 1415mg of sodium or 60 percent of the daily value. This too much sodium can increase your risk of a number of chronic health conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, and blood pressure.
More Chicken Recipes
- Best Chicken Curry Recipe
- Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Homestyle Chicken Curry Recipe
- Fried Chicken Spicy Recipe