Chickpea Curry Coconut Recipe | Vegan Recipe
This coconut chickpea curry can be whipped up in under 30 minutes, it’s packed with flavor and goodness, and even like me if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian it’ll become one of your favorites. Sometimes I see curry recipes on food blogs that essentially quantity to stirring collectively chickpeas, coconut milk, and curry powder*. We aren’t making our coconut chickpea curry like that today. We are building together with numerous layers of seasoned umami taste with the intention to not go away you disenchanted. Not to worry – this naturally vegan, gluten-free stew remains VERY smooth to make, just observe the commands and you’ll be properly to move.
Tomatoes are an essential part of the candy, tangy, and savory background notes for the garbanzo beans here, so please don’t depart them out – in case you do, your coconut curry chickpeas will taste a bit blah. Fresh tomato season is eventually over right here in Maryland however canned tomatoes are perfectly pleasant on this recipe.
- 425g / 15oz Canned Chickpeas, drained
- Juice of a Lime
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
How to make Chickpea Curry
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a medium-sized frypan.
- Peel and dice the onion and add to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the spices and crushed garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds over low heat or until very fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until it has formed a thick paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and coconut cream. Stir until everything is evenly combined and simmers for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add the lime juice and taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
- Serve with rice and flatbread.
Canned tomatoes can be used instead of fresh, you’ll need a 400g / 15oz can. This curry reheats and freezes perfectly.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Author: Allrecipesweb
- Servings: 4-5
- Keyword: Chickpea Curry Coconut Recipe
Is chickpea curry good for your health?
Chickpea Curry contains a lot more amount of fiber and protein. So, Chickpea Curry is good for weight loss diet. It is also good for health.
Can we eat chickpea daily?
Summary: Eating one serving an afternoon of beans, peas, chickpeas or lentils can appreciably lessen ‘bad LDL cholesterol’ and consequently the threat of cardiovascular ailment, a new look at has found. North Americans on common presently eat less than half a serving a day.
More Related Recipes
- Butter and Garlicky Dish Recipe
- Homemade Chicken Recipe with Mushroom Sauce
- Bacon & Egg Pie Recipe
- Mirror Glaze Recipe for Cake
Leave a Comment