Cookies Recipe Vegan! This is the finest vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever discover. They’re soft, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious – everything you could want in a chocolate chip cookie recipe!
The Most Delicious Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my tried-and-true greatest vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe, which is loved by both vegans and meat eaters. Test the recipe on all of your pals. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
How do these hidden vegan cookies taste so much like the standard chocolate chip cookies? Because the cookies are composed entirely of classic chocolate chip cookie components! For as long as I can remember, homemade chocolate chip cookies have been one of my favorite treats. Give me a choice between chocolate chip cookies and cake or sweets any day of the week. Cookie Monster was my nickname even before I was big enough to see over the kitchen table. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
I would always discover cookies if there were any around. So it’s no surprise that when I became vegan, these were among the first dishes I veganized, along with these Vegan Pancakes and Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. No one who tastes these smooth and traditional chocolate chip cookies will believe they are vegan!
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
The one-bowl recipe is simple to create and requires no almond flour or applesauce, as well as no coconut oil. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
Try the cookies using spelled flour, oat flour, or plain white all-purpose flour. I haven’t tried whole wheat flour yet, so I can’t attest to it. If you attempt it, please leave a comment with your results.
The source of fat: Sunflower, coconut, and vegetable oil are all viable options. Alternatively, use a full-fat vegan butter spread like Melt Organic, Miyoko’s, or Earth Balance. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
For the sweetener, feel free to experiment with other sugars or sugar substitutes such as xylitol or granulated erythritol.
You can also use only one type of sugar instead of both. The resultant cookies may be crisper or more spread, or they may require more or less time in the oven, but edible baking experiments are the finest type of experiments!
Is chocolate a vegan food?
And, finally, are chocolate chips vegan? I’m frequently asked similar questions, and the answer is, luckily, that chocolate is vegan. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
While milk is occasionally added, there are several brands—including some generic grocery store brands—of vegan chocolate chips and chocolate bars that are becoming more widely available.
If you want to look for vegan chocolate chips at a conventional grocery shop, the natural food section is the best place to start. Natural foods should be available at most ordinary grocery stores. If you’re unsure where it is, ask an employee.
Look for Enjoy Life, Simple Truth Organic, Target Simply Balanced, Lily’s Sweet Stevia Sweetened, or Kirkland moderately sweet (Costco brand), Guittard semisweet or extra dark chocolate baking pieces, Equal Exchange, Scharffen Berger dark chocolate baking chunks, Trader Joe’s semisweet, Sprouts semisweet, or Pascha. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
(Note: Because the chocolate chips are prepared at a facility that also produces non-vegan items, some of these packets say “may contain milk” on the label. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
Most vegans still regard such goods to be vegan, however, this is a personal choice, especially if you are allergic to milk. At the time of publication, the Enjoy Life and Pascha brands were certified dairy, gluten, and soy free.)
What Stores Sell Vegan Chocolate?
As previously stated, vegan chocolate chips may be found at many conventional food stores. Whole Foods, local health food stores, Amazon, and iHerb are other terrific locations to look at. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
Online retailers will occasionally offer a lesser price. At the very least, you can cut up a chocolate bar to make your own chocolate chips!
There are far too many vegan chocolate bar alternatives to name here, but some of my favorites include Theo, Pacari, Taza, Loving Earth, and Endangered Species. And there are plenty more.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Collect all of the cookie ingredients and a medium mixing dish. In a mixing dish, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir well. Combine the non-dairy milk, oil, and pure vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. To make cookie dough, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. It will be dry at first, but keep churning until it transforms into cookie dough. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
Form the dough into a large ball. Refrigerate for at least two hours, or freeze until the dough is cold. Preheat the oven to 325°F once it has been refrigerated. Roll the chocolate chip cookie dough into balls and set them on a prepared baking sheet. Allow enough space between cookies to allow for spreading while they bake. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
Cook for 11 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. When you take the cookies from the oven, they will appear underdone. This is desirable since they continue to stiffen up significantly as they cool.
Allow at least 10 minutes for the chocolate chip cookies to cool. If the cookies do not spread evenly (climate might play a role), gently push them down with a spoon after baking.
Storage and Baking Methods
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and freeze in an airtight jar for up to three months to have on hand whenever a chocolate chip cookie desire strikes. There is no need to defrost the cookie dough before baking. Add another 1-2 minutes to the cooking time. Cookies Recipe Vegan!
- To keep leftover chocolate chip cookies soft, put them in an airtight plastic container with about 1/4 piece of bread if you have one. Store cookies in a glass jar for crisper results. Baked cookies will keep for around 2-3 days.
- I’ve prepared these cookies several times, and the form and texture of the finished product are certainly affected by the weather. Despite the fact that each batch has not always looked the same, they have all tasted unbelievably great. I’ve yet to make a terrible batch.
- The vegan chocolate chip cookies are ideal for lunchboxes or gatherings where you need a portable vegan dessert that you can transport from point A to point B without making a mess.
- Visit the following page for over a hundred additional dairy-free and plant-based vegan cookie recipes: Recipes for Healthy Cookies, Cookies Recipe Vegan, Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
May You Also Love This!
Cookies Recipe Vegan
A recipe for the tastiest vegan chocolate chip cookies that non-vegans will like as well!
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, then stir in the wet to make a dough — it will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie-dough texture is reached.
- If necessary, add 1-2 tablespoons more milk of choice. Form into a large ball, then chill for at least 2 hours or freeze until the dough is cold.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F once the dough has been refrigerated.
- Form dough into balls and place on a prepared baking sheet, giving enough space between cookies to spread.
- Bake for 11 minutes on the middle rack. When you pull them out, they will appear underdone.
- Allow them to cool for 10 minutes on the baking pan before touching, during which time they will firm up.
- If the cookies don’t spread enough for any reason (climate can play a big impact), just push them down with a spoon after baking.
- You may also create extra cookie dough balls and freeze them for later baking.
- I can only vouch for the flours specified, but experiment away!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 81
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 2.9g5%
- Saturated Fat 0.9g5%
- Sodium 44mg2%
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4g5%
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g6%
- Sugars 6.7g
- Protein 1.4g3%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.