Easy Mini Cherry Tarts Recipe
Nothing compares to the flavor of fresh cherries. They’re tart and sweet, and they go well with a variety of dishes. This Cherry Tarts recipe is simple to make and yields a delicious dessert that your family will enjoy. The best part is that it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
Who doesn’t enjoy the aroma of fresh tart cherries baking in the oven? You can make your own scrumptious mini cherry pies in no time with this delicious recipe! These tarts are sure to please you whether you’re serving them for a special occasion or simply want to enjoy a delicious dessert. And the best part is, they’re so simple to make! Simply follow the simple instructions and you’ll have perfect cherry tarts every time.
What Are the Ingredients Required for Cherry Tarts?
Pitted Frozen Cherries – The Show’s Star
To sweeten things up, use sugar.
Corn starch is used as a thickener.
Water Pie Crust – You can use store-bought refrigerated dough or make homemade dough from this recipe.
Whipped Cream – To finish the tart.
Make it pretty with fresh mint leaves.
Tart Pans (4-Inch) are required for these tarts.
Wooden Spoon Fork Saucepan
Cherry Tarts: How to Make Them
Prepare the crust – Place the crust in each tart tin and press it into the scalloped edges. Trim the excess crust from the edges and pierce the bottom with a fork to prevent the crust from bubbling. Chill the pie crusts until ready to bake, so that the crust is extremely cold before going into the oven. (If you don’t have mini pie pans, use a muffin pan.)
Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Cook the Cherries – In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, water, and cornstarch. Bring the mixture slowly to a boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Why Do We Enjoy This Cherry Tart Recipe?
These Cherry Tarts are a quick and easy way to enjoy a fresh and delicious pastry. Combine a frozen pie crust with a simple cherry filling.
Is it possible to make these tarts ahead of time?
You certainly can! These tarts can be made up to 3 days ahead of time. To keep the tarts fresh, store them in an airtight container.
THIS RECIPE IS AMAZING BECAUSE:
- It makes use of refrigerated pie crust for ease of preparation (no eggs, unsalted butter, or all-purpose flour required!)
- The cherry filling can be made ahead of time and even tweaked to taste.
Variations on this Cherry Tart:
- Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries work particularly well in this recipe.
- To flavor, the cherries, use baking spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, lemon zest, or concentrates like vanilla extract or rum extract.
- Whipped cream on top, or a thin layer of cream cheese or pastry cream beneath the cherry pie filling.
Do you have fresh cherries? That also works!
If you don’t have a cherry pitter, a stiff straw will suffice (like a reusable plastic or metal straw). Insert the straw through the top of the cherry (where the stem emerges) and the pit will fall out. To avoid self-poking, avoid sticking your finger under the cherry.
Need to whip up some Cherry Tarts quickly?
Place the crust in a tart pan and press it into the scalloped edges. Trim the excess crust from the edges and pierce the bottom with a fork to prevent the crust from bubbling. After chilling the crusts for a few minutes, bake the tart shells. Place a can of Cherry Pie Filling in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the filling for 45 seconds before spooning it into the tart shells. Enjoy with a teaspoon of whipped cream and a small fresh mint leaf!
Freezing and storing:
It is best to serve these tarts soon after they have been baked.
I recommend eating them right away for the best texture (and can be kept at room temperature for that time). The cherry filling will begin to soak the pastry and make it mushy after the first 24 hours, but it will still be safe to eat for a few days.
Do you want to turn these tarts into Peach Tarts? Try our Peach Syrup Recipe as the filling!
Michelle Huston of The Wooden Spoon Effect contributed to today’s recipe post. Check out her website for even more delicious recipes!
THE WOODEN SPOON EFFECT’S CURRENT POSTS
- Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe
- Pixellab Apk Download Latest Version 2023
- How To Make Turkey Gravy Without Turkey
- InstaUp APK Download v16.6 Anti-Ban – Android
- Breakfast Egg Bite Recipes using 5 Ingredients
Easy Mini Cherry Tarts Recipe
This Cherry Tarts recipe is simple to make and yields a delicious dessert that your family will enjoy. The best part is that it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish!
- Set out six 4-inch mini tart pans. In each tart pan, place the crust inside and push it into the scalloped edges. To prevent the crust from bubbling, trim the extra crust off the edges and pierce the bottom with a fork. Chill the crusts in the refrigerator, so they are extremely cold before it goes into the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. After the crusts are very cold, bake the crust for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the pitted cherries, sugar, water, and cornstarch to a medium-sized saucepan. Slowly bring mixture to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Then turn down heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit until cool.
- Once the tarts and the cherry filling are both cool. Spoon the cherry filling into the baked tart shells. Top with a teaspoon of whipped cream and garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
- Keep the tarts refrigerated until ready to serve.
Leave a Comment