Egg Korma is an imperative Mughlai recipe that is ready with boiled eggs, cashews, milk, and spices. This brunch recipe is simple to cook dinner and is a deal with on your flavor buds. If you are not interested in everyday dishes like Egg rolls, Scrambled Eggs, Egg Bhurji, Egg Biryani, Egg Chaat; do that delectable dish which is going properly with Biryani, Naan, Chapati, Steamed Rice, and Pulao on events like a buffet, pot success, picnic, and road journeys.
Garnish this lip-smacking delicacy with coriander leaves, inexperienced chili, or lime wedge on the pinnacle. It is a need to strive the recipe on weekends and unique events and the kids are going to love it too. You also can percent it in lunch containers and take it to work.
I love that you may make one of these royal-tasting dishes with an element as humble as an egg. This wealthy and nutty korma is ideal for brunch, lunch, or dinner. And the extra contact of clean mint on pinnacle makes it feel even greater unique, so don’t forget it!
There are main motives why I love making egg korma (or actually any egg curry) in my immediate pot:
- I can cook dinner for each sauce and the eggs at an equal time!
- The eggs peel so effortlessly!
Being capable of cooking this sauce at the same time as additionally cooking the eggs on an identical time saves me from dirtying two pots and permits me to apply the least quantity of attempt feasible.
You may also love more chicken recipes
50+ chicken recipes
Grilled chicken with lemon and garlic
Recipe videos you love to watch
Fennel Chicken spicy recipe
Honey Sesame Chicken spicy recipe
Egg Korma is a clean recipe and it gives a twist to our everyday egg curry with coconut milk and spiced with garam masala, ginger garlic, cumin powder, coriander powder, and more. Serve Egg Korma Recipe in lunch or dinner with Butter Naan Recipe or Methi Lachha Paratha Recipe and another side dish.
Course: Side Dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time:20 min
Total time:30 mins
Makes: 2-3 Servings
Ingredients for Egg Korma:
Boiled Eggs-6 nos.
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamoms- 5
- Cloves- 5
- Cinnamon- 2 pieces
- Bay leaves- 2 (cut)
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Onions, thinly sliced- 2 medium (150 gms)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Cashew paste- 12 cashews
- Green Chillies sliced- 4
- Refined Oil- 3-4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 4 tbsp
- Boil and shell the eggs. Now heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok/kadhai & add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Give a stir and add the boiled eggs.
- Keep stirring on low heat for 2-3 mins till the eggs are golden in color. Take out the fried eggs and set them aside on a plate.
(Do Not Use This Oil For Making The Gravy. The Color Of The Gravy Will Change)
- Make a paste of the cashew nuts. To make cashew paste, add the whole cashews into a grinder/blender and coarse grind into a fine powder. Add 3 tbsp water and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside for use later.
- Finely slice the onions, slice the green chilies and chop the coriander leaves for use later.
- Whisk the curd/plain yogurt till smooth.
- Heat fresh oil in a wok or kadhai.
- Add the cumin seeds and when it splutters, add the whole green cardamoms, cloves, and cinnamon. Let these splutter and add the bay leaves.
- Give a mix and add the sliced onions. Give a stir and then add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Fry the onions on medium heat for 10-12 mins till high brown in color.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and fry on low heat for 1-2 mins.
- Add 50 ml water and keep cooking on medium heat for 3-4 mins till the onions are soft and form a gravy.
- Now add the cashew paste and keep frying on medium heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
- Reduce heat to low and add all the spice powders and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Also, add 4 tbsp water, give a mix, and keep frying on medium heat for 2 mins.
- – Add the sliced green chilies and keep frying for another 2 mins on low heat till oil separates.
- Now reduce heat to low (or just switch off heat to avoid curdling) and add the whisked curd/yogurt. Keep stirring on low heat for 2-3 mins till it’s cooked and oil separates.
- ( in case you switched off heat, give a stir for around 1 min till the whisked curd/yogurt is mixed completely, and then switch on heat on low. Continue stirring on low heat for another 2 mins in this case.)
- Add 250 ml water, give a stir and cook covered on low heat for 5-7 mins till the gravy is cooked and oil separates.
- Now add the boiled & fried eggs to the gravy after making 2 cuts, one on each side. Mix and add another 100 ml water, give a stir.
- Cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and simmer for 2 mins on low heat.
- Serve with rice, roti or naan.
People also search this recipe as:
Egg Korma Recipe | How to Make Egg Korma | Simple Egg Korma Recipe | Egg Korma | Egg Korma Curry | Egg Masala Curry | Egg Gravy | Egg Curry | Egg Masala |
Common questions asked about the egg korma recipe
Can we use onion masala to make this?
Yes! While the 2 aren’t precisely equal they may be quite dang close! And the onion masala makes this So easy to make.