These grilled chicken tacos with creamy avocado cilantro dressing are the perfect light meal, packed with flavor and freshness but easy to make. To make these tacos start with marinating the chicken. Of course, you can change it up if you would like and use a different type of meat, fish, and beef work really well here. I’m using 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts which will be enough to feed 4 people or make about 8 tacos.
Start by placing the chicken in between a sheet of non-stick cooking paper and using a heavy object like a rolling pin to pound out the chicken. Focus on the thicker side, you want to thin it out so the chicken will cook as evenly as possible.
EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
Grilled Chicken Taco Recipe
- 2 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Cup Cilantro | Coriander
- ½ Cup Yoghurt or Sour Cream
- Salt + Pepper
- ½ Green Cabbage
- ½ Purple Cabbage
- 8 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Pound out the chicken until it is an even thickness. Cut into strips and place into a bowl.
- Pour in the oil and add the spices along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the juice of a lime.
- Toss the chicken in the marinade until it is evenly coated and set to the side of the marinade.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pip, place into a food processor or blender along with the cilantro, yogurt or sour cream, juice of a lime, and salt and pepper.
- Process until everything is evenly combined and pour into a serving bowl.
- Heat a griddle pan or BBQ over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Shred the green and purple cabbage and prepare the tortillas according to packet directions.
- To assemble the tacos fill with the cabbage and a few pieces of chicken, drizzle over the avocado cilantro dressing and garnish with a few pieces of coriander.
- Add a squeeze of lime and serve.
- If you have time leave the chicken to marinate in the spices. Ideally overnight, but a few hours will do.
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado and Cilantro Dressing
- Biscuits Recipes
- Cookies Recipes
- Fried Recipes
- Traditional Recipes