This easy homemade chocolate frosting recipe is the best frosting for any kind of cake, but this is the best for birthday cake. It’s very simple to whip up, sweet buttery and so creamy. This One Minute Chocolate Frosting is sweet, chocolatey, and decadent! A simple, quick, and easy chocolate frosting recipe!
How to make the best frosting
As you know this is the easiest recipe in the world so, you can easily make it with just-right ingredients.
- Take a large bowl and whip butter and cocao untill both become soomth.
- Stir in vanila and powder sugar.
- Now, slowly strem in milk so that frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Scrape sides and whip it again until light, smooth and fluffy.
More chocolate recipes you love
Can I use salted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter, salted butter is absolutely fine to use interchangeably in this recipe.
Can we make this ahead?
Yes, this chocolate frosting will last about one week in the fridge. If you plan on using this to frost a cake, you’ll want to bring it to room temperature for 3-4 hours.
What is the differrce between Icing and frosting?
Technically frosting is used to describe buttercream and anything that is whipped and fluffy, whereas icing is used more for glazes and thinner consistencies. Here in the USA we call everything icing and don’t really use the term frostings – I think this may be because we call powdered sugar icing sugar. Either way, they are both delicious!
What to use this Homemade Chocolate Frosting with?
Homemade Chocolate Frosting Recipe
This easy homemade chocolate frosting recipe is the best frosting for any kind of cake, but this is the best for birthday cake.
- Bring some water to a boil in a kettle or in a small saucepan over high heat. Once it is boiling set it aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Pour over the hot water and use a whisk to combine the ingredients together until whipped and smooth.
- Add more water if needed for a thinner consistency.
- Use the Chocolate Frosting immediately as it will start to thicken as it sits.
- More hot water can be added to thin out the consistency if it has been set.
- The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make a larger amount.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 341
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15g24%
- Saturated Fat 7g35%
- Cholesterol 39mg13%
- Sodium 138mg6%
- Potassium 63mg2%
- Total Carbohydrate 51g17%
- Dietary Fiber 4g16%
- Sugars 49g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.