This homestyle chicken curry recipe is very simple and this chicken curry is crunchy and crispy also. Chicken curry is common in several countries including India and Pakistan, countries in Asia and the Caribbean.
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
KEYWORD: CHICKEN CURRY
Ingredients for Homestyle Chicken Curry:
– Chicken, curry cut with bones – 1 Kg
– Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
– Cinnamon- 3 pieces
– Curry Leaves- 15-20
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 3 tsp
– Chicken Masala Powder- 3 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Onions, chopped- 2 big ones (200 gms)
– Green Chillies, slit- 4
– Ginger, crushed- 2 tbsp
– Garlic, crushed- 2 tbsp
– Tomato, sliced- 2 small (100 gms)
– Salt- 1 tsp+ 3/4 tsp
– Coconut Milk – 200 ml
– Refined Oil- 5-6 tbsp
– Chop the onions, peel and crush the ginger & garlic and slice the tomatoes.
– Also slit the green chillies and take out the curry leaves.
– Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon and curry leaves. Give a stir and then add the chopped onions & slit green chillies. Fry on medium heat for 8-9 mins till the colour changes.
– Now add the crushed ginger and garlic and fry on medium heat for 2-3 mins.
– Add the sliced tomatoes, mix and fry for 2 mins and then add the turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder & 1 tsp salt.
– Mix and fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till the spices are cooked and oil separates.
– Now add the chicken pieces, give a mix and fry on high heat for 2-3 mins. Now add the Chicken Masala and 3/4 tsp salt, give a mix and fry 3-4 mins on high heat. Continue to fry on medium heat for another 8-9 mins till the chicken is browned.
– Add the Kashmiri Chilli Powder, give a mix and fry on medium heat for around 2 mins.
– Now add the Coconut milk, give a mix, add 200 ml water and cook covered on low heat for 15 mins till the chicken is tender.
– Serve with bread or rice.
Cook Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Can we use chicken thigh for this chicken curry?
Yes, you can also use chicken thigh for this chicken curry. You’ll want to trim excess fat from them, then increase the cooking time a bit, thighs take longer to cook than chicken breasts do.
More Related Recipes
- Fried Chicken Spicy Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Taco Recipe
- Best Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Best Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Fish Curry Recipe
Other keywords of this recipe
Homestyle Chicken Curry In Coconut Milk | Chicken Curry With Coconut Milk | Mild Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry in Coconut Milk | Chicken Gravy | Chicken Curry | Chicken Masala Curry | Easy Chicken Curry
- Biscuits Recipes
- Cookies Recipes
- Other Informations