Sesame Chicken is a dish that is mostly found in Chinese as well as USA restaurants. This Asian Sesame Chicken is delicious and easy to make at home. This crispy sesame chicken is another honey achieves. Crispy, salty, sweet, sticky, and a little bit spicy.
This honey sesame chicken could be your best meal and you can make it easily at home. This Chicken sesame is one of my favorite recipes, I have already shared a lot of chicken recipes like Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe, Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe, Chicken Curry Recip(Indian)
This sesame chicken is served with a sauce which is a combination of honey soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and sesame oil and just takes a few minutes to put together.
How do we make sesame chicken?? An easy and quick tempura fried chicken in bite-size pieces is tossed with an easy sauce made with rice, soy sauce spicy, and sweet mixture. Garnish with even green onions or sesame seed.
To make this recipe will need these types of equipment.
- 1. A good kitchen knife
- 2. Wooden or Silicon coated spoons
- 3. Measuring Jug
- 4. Shallow white bowls
- 5. Chopping board
- 6. Frying Pan/Skillet or a Wok
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian
- Servings: 4-5
Boneless Chicken thighs, cut into 1” pieces- 350 gms
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Grated Garlic- 1 tsp (2-3 cloves)
- Whisked Egg- 1
(Tbsp- tablespoon, tsp- teaspoon)
- Tomato Ketchup- 2 tbsp (US spoon measure)
- Dark Soy Sauce- 1 tbsp
- Honey- 1.5 tbsp
- White Sugar- 2 tbsp
- White Vinegar- 2 tsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Corn Flour- 3 tbsp measure
- Corn Slurry- 1 tsp cornflour mixed in 4 tbsp water
- Sesame Oil- 2 tsp
- White Sesame Seeds- 2 tsp
- Spring Onion Greens- 3 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the boneless chicken thighs into 1” pieces. Marinate with items specified. Mix well and set aside for 30 mins. After 30 mins add the cornflour and mix well to make it ready for frying.
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients specified for the sauce. Mix and set aside for use later. Make sure the sugar is dissolved before adding it to the wok later.
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces one at a time to not crowd the pan. Fry on medium heat for around 5-6 mins till golden. Remove and keep on a plate. Fry the rest in batches.
Now take a wok and heat it.
- Mix the sauce once to make sure the sugar is dissolved and add it to the wok.
- Keep stirring it on medium heat for 1-2 mins till the sauce is cooked and starts thickening.
- Add the corn slurry, mix and cook it for a minute and then add the fried chicken pieces.
- Mix it well and then add the sesame oil. Stir fry it on high heat for another minute till the chicken pieces are coated well with the sauce.
- Once nearly thickened, add the sesame seeds, give a mix, and then add the chopped spring onion greens. Stir fry for a minute and serve hot.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be lower or higher depending upon your calories needs.
** Nutrition information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
(-) If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for your personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018 ESHA Research, lnc. All Rights Reserved.
Common Questions asked about this recipe
What is sesame chicken made of?
The sauce is a combination of honey soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and sesame oil and just takes a few minutes to put together.
Both sesame chicken and orange chicken are stir-fried dishes. Orange Chicken is battered or coated in starch (usual cornstarch) then fried to crispy perfection, while Sesame Chicken is usually breaded before being deep-fried with a sweet sauce
What does sesame chicken taste like?
Sesame chicken is salty in taste with a hint of sweetness. You can increase or decrease its sweetness by using the sauce.
Can we reheat sesame chicken?
Once we serve the chicken sauce starts soaking up in the fried chicken. Reheat will not give the crispy result but still, it will be tasty.