Icecream Recipe Chocolate
Icecream Recipe Chocolate! This is the finest homemade chocolate ice cream recipe ever! It’s rich, ultra-creamy, and chocolaty. It’s simple to create with only 7 ingredients (including two types of chocolate), has a deep chocolate flavor, and tastes just like ice cream!
We had a lot of fun creating ice cream! It’s an enjoyable and tasty procedure – and nothing beats homemade! That’s why I’m giving you my recipe for the finest handmade chocolate ice cream you’ve ever had! Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
This creamy chocolate ice cream is crafted with two types of chocolate for a deep, rich taste. It’s not excessively sweet and tastes just as good (if not better) than your favorite ice cream store! Serve it with a slice of your favorite chocolate cake, a slice of this massive cookie cake, or eat it all by itself! Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Ingredients & substitutions for chocolate ice cream
- The cream is thick. There isn’t a suitable substitute for heavy cream. It contributes to the ice cream’s ultra-creamy texture. Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
- Chocolate powder If you like your chocolate ice cream really dark, consider using dark cocoa powder.
- Chocolate that is semisweet. This recipe calls for 60 percent dark chocolate chips. Use whatever amount you prefer—just keep in mind that milk chocolate will result in sweeter ice cream and darker chocolate will result in a more intense chocolate taste.
- Milk in its whole. Whole milk can be substituted with half and a half!
- Sugar granules There is no substitute in this case! I use either organic cane sugar or white sugar.
- Egg whites Another important component that helps to the creaminess; don’t skip it!
- Extract vanilla. In place of an extract, vanilla beans (seeded) or vanilla bean paste can be used.
This is the equipment you’ll need to prepare this chocolate ice cream recipe!
- Icing Machine (I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker. If I were to buy a new one, I would get this ice cream machine).
- Metal strainer with fine mesh wire whisk
- With cover, batter bowl
- Container for freezing ice cream, Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Chocolate ice cream method
This homemade chocolate ice cream recipe has a few stages, as well as some chilling and freezing time, but it’s definitely worth the time to produce the finest chocolate ice cream ever! We’ll go through the steps together, but don’t forget to watch the video! Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Prepare the chocolate base
The chocolate foundation is the first step in producing this dish. Begin by mixing the cream and chocolate powder together. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk for 30 seconds.
Take the chocolate/cream mixture from the stove and stir in the chopped chocolate. Whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in the remaining cream to mix. Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Place the mixture in a large mixing basin and pour it through a fine mesh strainer. This strainer will be used to sift the chocolate ice cream recipe’s custard. It is definitely necessary.
What if I do not own a good mesh strainer?
A nut milk bag, coffee filter, or tea towel might suffice, but in my kitchen, a fine mesh metal strainer is a must-have! Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Create the custard
The custard component of this chocolate ice cream recipe will be made next. To do this, we must temper the eggs so that they do not fry when added to the heated milk mixture. In a medium mixing basin, whisk together the egg yolks.
Then, in a medium saucepan, mix together milk, sugar, and sea salt. When the milk mixture is somewhat heated, whisk in 12 cups of warm (not hot) milk to the beaten egg yolks. Return the milk/egg combination to the pot, whisking as you go.
Cook the custard over medium heat, stirring frequently with a spatula, until it thickens and coats the spatula (it does this when it reaches about170 degrees F).
Pour the thickened custard through a wire sieve into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir until everything is mixed. Remove any custard residue from the strainer. Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Stir in the vanilla extract until well combined. Cover with a cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
Churn the ice cream mixture in an ice cream maker until thick and frozen when it has cooled to just below room temperature (30-40 minutes). Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Freeze the chocolate ice cream for at least 6 hours in an airtight container. Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
Serve this chocolate ice cream in cones, a dish, drizzled with chocolate syrup, topped with a dollop of fresh handmade whipped cream, and so on! Alternatively, put it between two cookies for the greatest homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches (like a chip which is only so much better). Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
How do you make ice cream without the need for an ice cream maker?
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you may create this chocolate ice cream by hand. It’s simply a lot more effort! Here’s how it’s done:
Once the ice cream base is finished, place it in a freezer-safe container and place it in the freezer.
Check the ice cream after 1 hour. If it has begun to freeze, aggressively beat it with a hand-held mixer (or a whisk or spatula).
Continue to stir the mixture every 30 minutes with a mixer or by hand until it is frozen. This should take between 3 and 6 hours. Icecream Recipe Chocolate!
How long will homemade ice cream keep?
This ice cream keeps fresh in an airtight container in the freezer.
Can I add other ingredients to this chocolate ice cream?
Without a doubt. Add your desired mix-ins at the conclusion of the churning process. I recommend edible cookie dough – delicious. Icecream Recipe Chocolate, homemade whipped cream.
May You Also Love This!
- Detroit Style Pizza Recipe
- Oreo Cheesecake Crust
- Oreo Cheesecake Cheesecake Factory
- Oreo Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory
Icecream Recipe Chocolate
This is the finest homemade chocolate ice cream recipe ever! It’s rich, ultra-creamy, and chocolaty! It’s simple to create with only 7 ingredients (including two types of chocolate), has a deep chocolate flavor, and tastes just like ice cream!
- 1 cup cream and cocoa powder mixed Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chopped chocolate until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1 cup of cream to mix.
- Place the mixture in a large mixing basin and pour it through a fine mesh strainer. Place aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Whisk together milk, sugar, and sea salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the milk mixture is somewhat warm, whisk in 12 cups of warm milk to the beaten egg yolks. Return the milk/egg combination to the pot, whisking constantly.
- Cook the custard over medium heat, stirring frequently with a spatula, until it thickens and lightly coats the spatula (it does this when it reaches about 170 degrees F).
- Pour the thickened custard through a wire sieve into the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir until everything is mixed. Remove any custard residue from the strainer.
- Stir in the vanilla extract until well combined.
- Place a cover on top and refrigerate the mixture for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Place the container of chocolate ice cream liquid base in an ice bath and stir often to speed up the chilling process.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in an ice cream maker until thick and frozen when it has cooled to just below room temperature (30-40 minutes).
- Freeze for at least 6 hours in an airtight container. Serve!
Serving Size 0.333
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 304
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 22g34%
- Saturated Fat 13g65%
- Cholesterol 104mg35%
- Sodium 56mg3%
- Potassium 182mg6%
- Total Carbohydrate 24g8%
- Sugars 19g
- Protein 4g8%
- Vitamin A 701 IU
- Vitamin C 1 mg
- Calcium 77 mg
- Iron 1 mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Comment