Frozen Easy No-Bake Key Lime Pie A refreshingly sweet and tangy summertime treat, Key Lime Pie! This lime icebox pie recipe couldn’t be easier to make and is ideal for freezing ahead of time.
Key Lime Pies
I enjoy making sweet desserts. A lot. Cakes, cookies, crumbles, crisps, and pies, of course! Homemade pies, with a tender, firm crust and nearly any filling you can imagine, are simply the best, in my opinion.
But who wants to turn on the oven to bake during the hot summer months? (I mean, pies are delicious, but are they delicious enough to turn your kitchen into a sweaty mess? Before you respond…)
To beat the heat, there are plenty of delicious no-bake pie recipes! Some of our classic favorites to try to include Fluffy No-Bake Chocolate Banoffee Pie and Fluffy No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie.
We recently shared our super simple recipe for Lemon Icebox Pie, and it was a huge success. As a result, we thought it should be transformed into an equally simple and incredibly flavorful No-Bake Key Lime Pie recipe.
This frozen Key Lime Pie will become your new favorite summer treat. It’s so simple to make ahead of time for all of your backyard barbecues and potlucks!
The Best No-Bake Key Lime Pie
We offered two ways to make the Lemon Icebox Pie mentioned above: a two-layered version with whipped topping and an option where the Cool Whip is folded in with the pie mixture to make one layer.
To make a super light and fluffy single layer, we simply mixed all of the whipped toppings into the key lime mixture. This lime icebox pie tastes a lot like the “Chantilly” Key Lime pie I had last year on Marathon Key. It tastes exactly like being at the beach.
And it couldn’t be easier to make! Simply make a no-bake graham cracker crust, blend the filling ingredients (no cooking required), pour the filling into the crust, and freeze. That’s it!
You’ll have a refreshing, bright, wonderfully sweet, and tart dessert that everyone will enjoy on a hot day in no time!
Ingredients You Need
Our fantastic Key Lime Icebox Pie recipe has two main components: a graham cracker crust and a creamy, tangy lime filling.
If you prefer, you can use a store-bought crust, but you might be surprised at how simple it is to make from scratch.
To make a homemade graham cracker pie crust you need:
Crumbs of Graham Cracker Butter Granulated Sugar Salt
You’ll need the following ingredients to make the key lime pie filling:
- The cream cheese
- Condensed sweetened milk
- Juice of key lime
- Food coloring in lime green (optional for that classic vibrant green lime color)
- Whip the cool whip
Key limes can be difficult to find in some areas, but bottled key lime juice can usually be found in the baking or cocktail/beverage section of the market.
I also recommend sprinkling fresh lime zest on top of the icebox pie for a burst of flavor.
How to Make a Graham Cracker Icebox Pie Crust
To begin, prepare a 9-inch pie pan and a food processor. In a food processor, combine the graham crackers. Close the lid and pulse into a fine crumb. After that, stir in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. To combine, pulse several times.
Dump the graham cracker crumble into the pie pan. Use your hands to press it into an even layer over the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
How To Make No-Bake Key Lime Pie
After that, clean out the food processor bowl. Then combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Blend until completely smooth. (If desired, add food coloring here.)
Remove the food processor blade. Scoop the Cool Whip into the lime mixture.
Fold the Cool Whip into the mixture with a spatula until completely smooth. Fill the pie crust with the whip cream filling.
Get the Complete Printable No-Bake Easy Key Lime Pie Recipe (Freezer Icebox Pie) Below. Enjoy!
Frozen Key Lime Pie Serving Suggestions
If desired, top with fresh lime zest when ready to serve.
While still frozen, cut into pieces. Allow each piece to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving slightly softened.
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO I MAKE A GLUTEN-FREE NO-BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE?
Simply replace traditional graham crackers with gluten-free graham crackers.
HOW LONG CAN YOU KEEP HOMEMADE KEY LIME PIE IN THE FRIDGE?
The pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, wrapped in plastic wrap. However, it is best to store it in the freezer!
CAN THIS LIME ICEBOX PIE BE FROZEN FOR A LONG TIME?
Definitely! Wrap the pie in plastic wrap first, then in aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to serve, cut the pie into slices and set aside for several minutes to soften before serving.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT RECIPES? YOU’LL LOVE:
- Seafood Gumbo From New Orleans
- Simple Banana Cake Recipe
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Chicken Karahi Easy Recipe
Check the printable recipe card below for nutritional information including calories, protein, saturated fat, sodium, and fiber percentages.
Key Lime Pie Without Baking (Lime Icebox Pie)
Easy No-Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe – Frozen Key Lime Icebox Pie is a refreshingly sweet and tangy cold summertime treat, no baking needed!
For the Graham Cracker Crust –
For the Key Lime Pie Filling –
- Set out a 9-inch pie pan and a food processor. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Lock the lid into place and pulse into a fine crumb. Then add in the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Dump the graham cracker crumble into the pie pan. Use your hands to press it into an even layer over the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl. Then add in the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice. Puree until smooth. (Add food coloring here if desired.)
- Remove the food processor blade. Scoop the Cool Whip into the lime mixture. Use a spatula to fold the Cool Whip into the mixture, until very smooth.
- Pour/scoop the filling into the pie crust. Then place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, undisturbed.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle fresh lime zest over the top, if desired. Cut into pieces while frozen. Let each piece sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes, then serve slightly softened.
- Key limes can be hard to find in some regions, but you can usually find bottled key lime juice in the baking or cocktail/beverage section of the market.
- If you can’t find lime-green food coloring, mix 1 drop of standard green food coloring with 2 drops of yellow, until the desired color is reached.