Korean crisp fried chicken covered with sweet and spicy Gochujang sauce! Korean Chicken is spicy and rich in flavor and incredibly delicious. The Korean chicken is easy to make at home with some basic ingredients. Korean Chicken spicy recipe is loved everywhere in the world.
KFC has a new meaning. Korean Fried Chicken has become so popular in recent years and there is definitely a reason why! This chicken is crunchy, crispy, sweet, slightly spicy, and full of incredible flavor. I might go as far as saying this is one of my most favorite recipes ever!
It’s simple to make, delicious crunchy fried chicken coated in a simple Gochujang sauce which is made from Korean Gochujang paste.
You may also love the chicken recipes
Spicy Korean Chicken – notable and fantastic yummy Korean Chicken with highly spiced marinade. So brief and clean to make, cheaper, and higher than takeouts. This Spicy Korean Chicken recipe is a smooth edition from Korean BBQ Chicken.
It has fewer ingredients inside the marinade and can be grilled outdoor (perfect for summer season), baked inside the oven, or just pan-fried on a skillet or pan. It’s so easy and easy and maybe organized all 12 months long.
Can we use store-bought Yes definitely! If you don’t want to make the sauce yourself or you find it hard to get the ingredients you can of course make the chicken and use store-bought sauce. There are so many delicious Korean-style and Gochujang Sauces on the market today. sauce for this Korean chicken?
Korean Chicken Spicy Recipe
Korean crisp fried chicken covered with sweet and spicy Gochujang sauce! Korean Chicken is spicy and rich in flavor and incredibly delicious.
- Cut the chicken thigh into 1″ or 3cm cubes. Place into a bowl with the garlic, ginger, white pepper, and soy sauce.
- Toss to coat, cover, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and add the potato starch. Toss until all of the chicken is evenly coated and set to the side.
- In a small saucepan add all of the ingredients for the Gochujang sauce, the chilli paste, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, mirin, and garlic.
- Heat over low heat, stirring for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan until registering 180C / 350F with a thermometer
- Add the chicken in 2-3 batches so the pan isn’t overcrowded and fry for 4-6 minutes. Drain on a wire rack with paper towels underneath.
- Optionally double the fry the chicken for the optimum crunch!
- Place the fried chicken in a large bowl and pour over the Gochujang sauce. Toss the chicken until every piece is evenly coated.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Can the chicken be fried in an air fryer?
- Yes, you can. Follow the recipe and coat the chicken in a little oil after it has been coated in the potato starch. This will help it crisp up in the air fryer as well as hydrate it. Air fry for about 10-15 mins at 180C / 350F or until crispy.
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 601
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 17g27%
- Saturated Fat 13g65%
- Cholesterol 151mg51%
- Sodium 1942mg81%
- Total Carbohydrate 78g26%
- Dietary Fiber 5g20%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 37g74%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.