Chicken and rice are some of the easiest recipes to make and my favorite recipe also. Chicken and rice are the perfect comfort food for any time of the year.
Chicken and rice are a simple flavor-packed dinner that kids also love a lot. Boiled rice is good for health also. The chicken and rice recipe is famous all around the world but it is mostly prepared in South Asia especially in Pakistan and India. Only basic ingredients are required for this chicken rice recipe that is mostly available in every kitchen.
I am going to share this recipe in the simplest way, After trying this recipe you will be an expert in every chicken and rice recipe. I have also shared many other rice recipes you also love, Biryani rice recipe, Chicken tikka biryani recipe, Fish biryani recipe, For more delicious recipe videos visit.
SERVINGS: 5-6 PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES COOK TIME: 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Chicken and rice are the perfect comfort food for any time of the year.
Boneless Chicken pieces- 500 gms
Basmati Rice- 2 US cups measure (375-400 gms)
- Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- Whisked Curd/ Yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Star Anise- 2
- Whole Black Peppercorns- 10-12
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Coriander Powder- 2.5 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
- Onions sliced- 2 (150 gms)
- Green Chillies slit- 2-3
- Ginger Garlic paste- 2.5 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped- 4 tbsp +1 tbsp for garnish
- Mint leaves, chopped- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Refined Oil- 3- 4 tbsp
- Thick Coconut milk- 100 ml
- Water- 500 ml
- Marinate the chicken pieces with items mentioned and set them aside for 30 mins.
- Also, wash and soak the Basmati Rice for 30 mins.
- Slice the onions, slit the green chilies and chop the coriander & mint leaves.
- Prepare the coconut milk or use readymade.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side. Sear the pieces on high to medium heat for 3 mins till browned. Flip on the other side and repeat the same for 3 mins on the other side. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan and heat it.
- Add the whole spices, give a stir, and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till light brown in color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the fried chicken pieces back to the pan and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add the coriander powder and Garam masala powder. Mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins till the chicken pieces are coated with the masala.
- Now add 100 ml coconut milk & 500 ml water and give a mix.
- Keep the heat on high and add slit green chilies, chopped coriander & mint leaves, and 1 tsp salt.
- Give a stir and wait for the water to come to a boil.
- Add the drained rice to the boiling water and give a gentle stir. Cook the rice on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Again give a gentle stir, reduce the heat to low, and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove the lid, give a gentle stir, and cover and cook on low heat for another 5 mins.
- Once done, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and let it rest for 15-20 mins before serving.
People search this chicken rice recipe as:
One-Pot Chicken and Rice | Easy Chicken Rice Recipe | One Pan Chicken Rice | Chicken and Rice Casserole | Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe | One-Pot Meals | Chicken Rice Recipe
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 627mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
(-) If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for your personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018 ESHA Research, lnc. All Rights Reserved.