Pecan Pie is easy to make at home and very yummy in taste. A sweet caramel filling bursting with pecans in a buttery flaky crust, you won’t be able to stop at just one slice. You can’t go wrong with Pecan Pie and this recipe turns out perfect every single time.
My homemade pecan pie is classic and easy with a sudden sprint of cinnamon. It’s the precise combination of sweet and salty– after one chunk you’ll flavor why it’s my favorite! Pecan pie is the Classic sugary dessert without which no Thanksgiving is whole. It’s as classical as pumpkin pie and as wonderfully rich as apple pie.
- PREP TIME: 25-30 mins
- COOK TIME: 45-50 mins
- REST TIME: 25-30 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 40 mins
- COURSE: Dessert
- Author: Allrcipesweb
- SERVINGS: 12 Slices
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 Stick / 113g Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Ice Water
- 1 2/3 Cup / 200 g Flour
- 2-3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Pecan Pie filling
- 1 1/2 Cups / 300g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup / 125ml Syrup, corn syrup, glucose syrup, golden syrup
- 1/4 Cup / 55g Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups / 200g Pecans roughly chopped
EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Mixing Bowl
- Butter Dish
- Pie Dish
FAQ’S about Pecan Pie
How can I store my pecan Pie?
Keep your pecan pie in the fridge for about an hour or more before you serve your pecan pie. It will keep for 2-3 days but I would recommend making it the day before.
Can I make this pecan pie without corn syrup?
Yes, definitely you can make this pecan pie without corn syrup. Swap the corn syrup for glucose syrup, golden syrup, or maple syrup. The pie does need some sort of syrup as well as sugar to hold it together.
Do I have to need to make my own Pie Crust?
No, Store-bought pie crust or frozen pie pastry will work perfectly fine! I enjoy making my own so I usually do but if you are short on time or just want to focus on the filling store-bought is perfect.
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt if using to a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the mixing bowl.
- Use clean dry hands to rub the butter into the flour until the pieces of butter are no larger than a pea.
- Spoon in a few tablespoons of ice water and mix the pastry with a knife. Form the dough into a ball and knead for 30 seconds on a floured surface until smooth.
- Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the butter, sugar, syrup, vanilla, and mixed spice.
- Crack one egg into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix to combine. Continue with the next two.
- Adding one egg separately helps to loosen the batter making the next two eggs easier to incorporate.
- Roll out your pie crust to 1/2 cm or 1/4″ thick. Place the dough into a 9″ pie dish and cut off any excess.
- Use your thumbs and finger or just a fork to decorate the edge of the pie crust.
- Pour the roughly chopped pecans into the pie dish, followed by the pie filling.
- Bake the pecan pie in a 180C / 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until it only slightly jiggles in the center.
- Leave the pie to cool completely at room temperature before transferring to the fridge overnight.
- To serve the pie cut slices and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Related Recipes
- Biscuits Recipes
- Cookies Recipes
- Fried Recipes
- Traditional Recipes