This quick and easy chicken recipe you can try at home with some basic ingredients. It’s very easy to make and healthy in taste. It’s a perfect mix of spicy chili mixed with zesty lime. You can cook these on the bbq outside, or on a stovetop inside. What I love most about this chicken is its freshness of taste that comes from the lime, For the chicken, you can use boneless chicken thighs with the skin on. The marinade is the perfect way to spice up chicken, it has an amazing spicy but fresh flavor.
- 6 Boneless Skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 3 Teaspoons Lime Zest
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Chilis
- 1 Clove Garlic
- A handful of Coriander | Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons mild-tasting Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
1. start by making a marinade for the chicken. To make the marinade start by zesting two limes. 2-3 teaspoons of lime zest to make enough marinade for 6 chicken thighs, Scoop up the lime zest with a knife and place it into a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken thighs.
2. After zesting roll the limes on the cutting board to release as much of the juices as possible and slice in half using a sharp knife.Juice the limes into the bowl with the lime zest making sure to not let any pips drop in.
5. Next is a few tablespoons of mild-tasting oil, such as vegetable oil or canola. Add it to the marinade along with some salt and mix together until well combined. Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry with some kitchen paper. Using tongs add the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and give them a good stir until all the chicken pieces are evenly coated in marinade.
How to make quick Lime Chicken
- Zest and juice 2 limes right into a bowl large enough to accommodate the chicken thighs. Dice the chili, garlic, and coriander or cilantro finely and vicinity into the bowl. Add the oil, honey, and salt and stir till the entirety is evenly mixed. Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs and add to the bowl with the marinade ingredients.
- Toss the chicken inside of the marinade till properly lined and cover with plastic wrap. Leave the fowl to marinate inside the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours but ideally overnight time. When you are prepared to cook the chicken dispose of it from the refrigerator and allow it to return as much as room temperature.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium excessive heat and add the chicken thighs, cooking for about 4 minutes on every side until golden brown and cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook dinner at the bbq outdoor or inside the oven below the grill. Serve the chicken with greater chopped coriander or cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Note: Oil in marinades works well because it absorbs up a lot of flavor in the marinade and coats the meat during cooking for a more intense flavor.