The recipe for chicken Hakka noodles is one of my favorite recipes. The recipe is famous in India and Pakistan. People from other countries like China also love this recipe. To make this recipe is not an easy task but I share this recipe in a simple way. The ingredients of the recipe are easily available in the local market.
It is the Indo-Chinese classic recipe of boiled noodles tossed with sauce along with vegetables and chicken. It is popular street food in many countries including India and Pakistan. It is the favorite dish of both adults and kids. It is super easy to make.
How to prepare Chicken Hakka Noodles
- Slice the white onion into thick slices.
- Chop the garlic cloves, julienne/fine slice the carrots, capsicum (green bell peppers), and shred the cabbage.
- Chop the green portion of spring onions/scallions for garnish later.
- To boil the noodles, follow the instructions on the packet.
- For 150 gm noodles, heat 1.5 litres of water in a pan on high heat till it comes to a boil.
- Add the noodles and stir it lightly for it to open up.
- Boil it for 2-3 mins, should not be soft but “al dente”.
- Drain it in a colander and wash it with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and mix it well to coat the boiled noodles so that they don’t stick.
- Set it aside.
You may also love these chicken chicken recipes
Health Benefits of Chicken Hakka Noodles
Chicken Hakka is considered good for health because it contains a good amount of vitamins A and B. As we know that vitamins are important for good health. Because vitamins are important to boost immunity and protect us from diseases. As our recipe contains all these things so it is good for our health.
Recipe For Chicken Hakka Noodles
The recipe for chicken Hakka noodles is one of my favorite recipes. The recipe is famous in India and Pakistan. People from other countries like China also love this recipe.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped garlic and give a stir.
- Now add the thick onion slices and stir fry on high heat for 30 secs.
- Add the sliced chilies, give a mix, and sauté on high heat for another 30 secs.
- Now add the julienned/sliced carrots and the shredded cabbage, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled & shredded chicken pieces and give it a mix.
- Now add the julienned capsicum/green pepper, mix and sauté for 1 min on high heat.
- Add the boiled noodles and toss it with the chicken and veggies to combine everything.
- Add the dark soy sauce and vinegar and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Add salt, pepper powder and mix it well. Toss it on high heat for around 2 mins.
- Lastly, garnish with spring onion greens, give a mix & serve hot.
- Adjust the sauces according to your taste.
- Serve the noodles along with the hot sauce
- Shred or chop the vegetables in small size
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 320
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 15g24%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 134mg45%
- Sodium 445mg19%
- Potassium 268mg8%
- Total Carbohydrate 34g12%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 14g29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.