Fish Curry recipe is a simple and delicious homemade recipe that is famous in India and Pakistan. Fish is most likeable to eat in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Fish dishes are like all over the world. Fish recipes are simple to make with some basic ingredients that are found in every kitchen.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Fish Curry Recipe
- Boneless fish fillets – 500 gms (Sole or Catfish, Cod, Haddock, Basa,)
For the Tempering:
- – Mustard Seeds- 3/4 tsp
- – Cumin Seeds- 3/4 tsp
- – Fennel Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- – Curry Leaves-15-20 nos
- – Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
- – Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
- – Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
- – Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- – Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- – Onions, chopped- 2 medium (150 gms)
- – Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
- – Red Tomatoes sliced- 2 small (120 gms)
- – Green Chillies, slit- 3-4
- – Tamarind Juice- 4 tbsp
- – Thick Coconut Milk- 1 cup (200 ml)
- – Refined oil- 3-4 tbsp
- Wash and cut the boneless fish fillets into 2-inch pieces.
- Chop the onions, slice the tomatoes and slit the green chillies.
- As for the coconut milk, you can use readymade or make fresh coconut milk after grinding coconut flesh with water and extracting the milk.
- Heat oil in a pan and first add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Give a stir and then add the chopped onions. Also, add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Fry on medium heat for 10 mins till light brown in colour.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste, mix and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
- Now add the sliced tomatoes, mix and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Now add all the spice powders, 1/2 tsp salt & the tamarind juice.
- Give a mix and cook on medium to low heat for 5 mins till the tomatoes are completely mashed, spices are cooked and oil separates.
- Now add the coconut milk and 250 ml water and cook for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
- Now add the fish pieces, give a gentle stir and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Season with salt if required.
- Allow it to rest for 30 mins before serving.
- Serve it with white rice.
More keywords about this Recipe
Fish Gravy With Coconut Milk | Boneless Fish Gravy | Fish Curry Recipe | Fish Curry in Coconut Gravy | Fish Curry in Coconut Milk Recipe | Fish Curry with Coconut Milk | Fish in Coconut Sauce | Fish Curry | Fish Recipe |