Sheet Pan Pancakes – No skillet is required for these fluffy and tender oven-baked pancakes! Our simple sheet pan breakfast recipe is ideal for feeding a large group with minimal effort.
Why We Love This Pancake Recipe
Pancakes are simple to make. Why are you putting them in the oven? Obviously, you do not. However, pouring pancake batter onto a sheet pan and baking it saves a lot of time spent flipping pancakes over a hot stovetop.
While the Sheet Pan Pancakes cook in the oven, you can casually scramble eggs or cook sausage patties. There’s no need to stress about juggling all of your breakfast dishes on the stovetop simultaneously. Furthermore, all of the pancakes are ready at the same time!
PLUS, less mess, less risk of burning the pancakes, and the same amount of breakfast fun! Make this simple recipe with your favorite toppings – in fact, everyone in the house can choose what goodies to include in their section of baked pancakes.
- All-purpose flour (gluten-free flour)
- Granulated sugar – or your favorite granulated sweetener, such as coconut sugar
- Baking powder is used to make perfectly fluffy baked pancakes.
- Just a pinch of salt
- Buttermilk (store-bought or homemade) or whole milk
- Room-temperature eggs are best for baking.
- Vanilla extract is an essential ingredient for baked goods.
- Butter (unsalted)
- Plus your favorite toppings and add-ins! One of the pancakes in the photos is made with blueberries, which can be fresh or frozen. The other contains sliced bananas, chocolate chips, and almond slices.
Quick Tip: In a hurry? This method works well with pancake mixes. Simply combine 3 cups of mix with the appropriate amount of add-ins.
How to Make Pancakes on a Sheet Pan
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 13 x 18-inch “half sheet pan” baking sheet. Alternatively, two 9 x 13-inch baking dishes or four 8 x 8-inch dishes can be used.
The butter should be melted. Brush the sheet pan with 2 tablespoons of melted butter, making sure to coat the edges and corners completely.
Prepare a large bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
Then add in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
Finally, incorporate the remaining 6 tablespoons of melted butter. Small lumps in the batter are acceptable.
Sprinkle the blueberries, or other desired toppings, evenly over the pancake batter.
Get the Easy Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe (Printable) Below. Enjoy!
Finally, bake for 12–17 minutes.
The sheet pan pancake will be a light golden color when finished. If you insert a toothpick into the center, it should come out clean.
Suggestions for Serving
Serve the sheet pan pancakes with traditional toppings such as butter and warm maple syrup. What is the occasion? Add a generous dollop of whipped cream or chocolate chips on top if desired!
This sweet breakfast treat complements savory dishes well. For a filling meal, serve with cheesy scrambled eggs or spicy breakfast sausage.
A side of fresh fruit is always a good addition to breakfast.
Additional Add-In Concepts
Are you curious about what else can go on sheet pan pancakes? The possibilities are endless! To get you started, here are a few of our favorite toppings and add-ins:
- Strawberries, sliced
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries, or other berries
- Coconut shreds
- Toffee potato chips
- Chips with peanut butter
- White chocolate chips with macadamia nuts
- Brown sugar + chopped pecans
Questions and Answers
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS PANCAKE MIX RECIPE?
Use 3 cups of boxed mix with the appropriate amounts of add-ins, such as milk and eggs. This will save you several minutes of preparation time!
WHAT MAKES PANCAKES RISE AND FLUFFY?
The best-baked pancakes are made with the right combination of eggs and baking powder. Also, avoid over-mixing the batter.
WHERE CAN I FIND GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES?
Replace the all-purpose flour with your favorite gluten-free baking mix. Use a gluten-free boxed pancake mix in the same way.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS DAIRY-FREE?
Yes! Substitute your favorite plant-based butter and milk for traditional dairy ingredients. Soy, almond and oat milk are all excellent substitutes!
HOW LONG DO LEFTOVER PANCAKES KEEP?
Refrigerate cooled pancakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in an airtight zipper bag to freeze for up to 3 months.
Microwave sheet pan pancakes in short bursts at 50% power. To keep them from drying out, wrap each piece in a slightly damp paper towel before microwaving.
Looking for more quick breakfast ideas?
- How To Make Turkey Gravy Without Turkey
- Easy Baked Rice Pudding Recipe
- Maple Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cake
- GB WhatsApp Download APK (Update) OFFICIAL Anti-Ban Nov 2022 Latest Version
- Cooking A Wild Turkey
Sheet Pan Pancakes Recipe
No grill is required for fluffy and tender oven-baked pancakes! This simple sheet pan breakfast recipe is ideal for feeding a large group with minimal effort.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set out a large 13 x 18-inch “half sheet pan”. (Or you can use two 9 x 13-inch baking dishes.)
- Melt the butter. Brush 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the sheet pan, making sure to coat the edges and corners well.
- Set out or large mixing bowl. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Then add in the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla, then beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the sheet pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the entire sheet pan. Sprinkle the blueberries, or your preferred toppings, evenly over the top of the pancake batter.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, until lightly golden on top. Cut and served warm, with butter and maple syrup.
- You can use this method with pancake mix if you’re in a hurry. Simply combine 3 cups of mix with the appropriate amount of add-ins.
- You can top this oven-baked pancake recipe with whatever you want! To make two flavors at once, divide the batter between two baking dishes, or top each side of the same sheet pan with a different topping.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate cooled pancakes in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in an airtight zipper bag to freeze for up to 3 months.
- Microwave sheet pan pancakes in short bursts at 50% power. To keep them from drying out, wrap each piece in a layer of a slightly damp cloth.