These S’mores Cookies are just like regular chocolate chip cookies but with toasted melted marshmallow and crispy biscuit piece – incredibly irresistible straight out of the oven. For these S’mores cookies, we’ll need chocolate, marshmallows, and broken pieces of graham crackers or digestive biscuits.
- Prep time:10-12 mins
- Cook time: 10-12 mins
- Total time: 20 mins
- Chill time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Serving: 15-20 cookies
- Calories: 125kcal
- Author: Allrecipesweb
- 113g or ½ Cup or 1 Stick Butter
- 130g or ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar
- 65g or ⅓ Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 200g or 1⅔ Cup of Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Salt
- ½ Cup of Mini Marshmallows
- 125g or 4oz Dark Chocolate
- ½ Cup of Graham Crackers
1. To get started in a huge mixing bowl degree out half of a cup, 113g, or 1 stick of room temperature butter, and cream your butter and sugar collectively. To the butter degree out 2/three of a cup or 130g of brown sugar.
2. To the creamed butter and sugar you’ll need 1 whole egg. Crack the egg into the bowl with one teaspoon of good quality vanilla essence. Use the hand mixer to combine the vanilla and eggs.
3. In the same bowl measure out the dry ingredients. You’ll need 1 and 2/3 of a cup of all-purpose flour. You’ll also need a teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch or about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to round out the flavors. Use a wooden spoon and start to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Choose mini marshmallows that are designed for baking, Reserve some of the chocolate and marshmallows if you would like to add these to the top of your cookies before they go in the oven.
5. Use a measuring spoon and roll the cookies out in your hands. Give them room to spread in the oven, I usually do about 8 per cookies sheet. Bake the cookies in a 180C or 350F oven for about 9-11 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to make S’ mores Cookies
- Cream collectively the butter and sugars using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugars and blend to combine. Scrape down the perimeters of the bowl to ensure the entirety is flippantly blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and blend till just combined.
- Add the marshmallows, chopped chocolate, and biscuits to the bowl and fold through.
- Measure out 2 Tbsp of dough and location on a coated baking tray, make sure to offer the cookies room to unfold.
- Bake the cookies in a 180C / 350F oven for 9-11 mins or till the rims are beginning to brown. Remove the cookies and depart at the baking sheet for a few minutes earlier than transferring to a cord rack to chill completely.
Some Common Questions about S’mores Cookies
What makes smores cookies soft and chewy?
High moisture content material does; so the recipe, baking time, and temperature must be adjusted to hold moisture. Binding the water in butter, eggs, and brown sugar (it incorporates molasses, that is 10 percent water) with flour slows its evaporation.
What ingredient makes smores cookies harder?
Baking powder contains sodium bicarbonate and acidic salts. The reaction of these two ingredients results in a cookie that is soft and thick, but slightly harder.