Palak Chicken is one of the famous winter dishes in India and Pakistan, a favourite of everyone and really easy to make at home. No specific ingredients are required to make palak chicken curry. All ingredients of this recipe are easily in your local market. Restaurants of Pakistan and India provide this dish but you can make it home easily with the same taste.
REP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
CALORIES: 329 kcal
Ingredients for Palak Chicken
- Green Cardamoms-4
- Black Peppercorns- 15
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
For the Marination:
- Whisked curd/yoghurt- 100 ml (4-5 tbsp)
- Garam Masala powder-1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic crushed
- Crushed Ginger – 1 tsp
- Crushed Garlic – 1 tsp (5-6 cloves)
- Green chilli, crushed(1-2)- 1 tsp
- Fried Onions (lightly crushed) – 5-6 tbsp
- Spinach sliced- around 2 cups ( 120 gms)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with items specified. Mix and set aside for 30 mins.
- Now slice the onions and fry in oil till golden. Remove and when cooled, crush it with your hand.
- Now peel and crush the Ginger & Garlic in mortar & pestle.
- Also cut and crush 1 or 2 green chillies.
- Wash, pat dry and slice the spinach leaves.
People also search this recipe as:
Palak Chicken Curry | Spinach Chicken Recipe | Palak Chicken Recipe | Chicken Saagwala | Palak Chicken | Chicken Recipe | How To Make Palak Chicken | Spinach Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry Recipe
Calories: 329.2kcal|Carbohydrates: 8.7g|Protein: 29.7g|Fat: 27.3g|Saturated Fat:1.9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12.1g|Cholesterol: 68mg|Sodium: 444.2mg|Fibre: 2.1g|Sugar: 1.8g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be lower or higher depending upon your calories needs. ** Nutrition information is not available for all ingredients. The amount is based on available nutrient data.
Other Chicken recipes
Spicy Palak Chicken Curry Recipe
- Heat oil and add the whole Garam masalas. Also, add the cumin seeds and when it splutters give a stir.
- Now add the crushed ginger and garlic, give a mix, and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Now add the spice powders and 3 tbsp water and fry on medium heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
- Next, add the crushed green Chillies and mix & fry on medium heat for 30 secs.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 mins.
- Next, add the crushed fried onion and give a mix. Fry on medium heat for another 3 mins till oil separates.
- Add the sliced spinach, give a mix, and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Remove lid, add around 50 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook again for another 10 mins.