Here I am sharing with you that how to make Perfectly Soft Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies.These cookies are soft and chewy and absolutely perfect! They are everything that you want in a sugar cookie.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1 cup of softened salted butter.
- 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups of white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
Instructions: How to make sugar cookies soft and chewy
Step 1: Start with 1 cup of softened salted butter and put that into a stand mixer, however, you don’t have to use a stand mixer. You could also use a bowl with a hand mixer, add 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese, and 1 1/4 cups of white granulated sugar, and mix it well. Keep beating this until everything is creamed together.
Step 2; Next, add 2 tablespoons of corn syrup. This will make your cookies nice and chewy. Pour this on into the bowl, and use a little rubber spatula to scrape it all out. Then you’ll also need 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. And mix these ingredients really well.
Step 3: Now Add your dry ingredients starting with 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix these well and add in your flour. You can give it a few seconds. Then we’ll need 3 cups of all-purpose flour. Get it all into the stand mixer, and then just mix this together. You should end up with a nice wet sticky dough.
Step 4: Next, you’ll need to line a baking sheet with some parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Then roll the dough in your hands, and then give it a slight press to flatten, and then place it onto your prepared tray. Repeat this manner with all of your remaining dough. This recipe makes about 24 sugar cookies so you’ll need 2 baking trays to get them all to fit. Next, bake this in a 375-degree oven for 10 minutes. While the cookies are baking you will need to make your frosting.
Step 5: Once your cookies are fully cooled go ahead and frost them, maybe top them with a few sprinkles, and they are ready to eat. These will stay well stored in an airtight container for at least several days.
How to make the frosting
- To make just a simple buttercream which starts with 1 cup of softened butter. Once again you want that softened to room temperature. Then you’ll take a hand mixer and cream this until it’s nice and fluffy. Once it’s all fluffy you can go ahead and add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and then slowly add in it about 3-4 cups of powdered sugar.
- You want to add that in slowly and mix in between additions, otherwise the powdered sugar will go everywhere in your kitchen and get you nice and messy. So just add it in nice and slow. And that’s really all you need for a good buttercream, however, nothing beats a good pink frosted sugar cookie. Put it onto the beater itself and just start mixing it in.