Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
If potato pancakes haven’t been served by the time the morning is over, we’ll consider it a failure. This delightful twist on the classic breakfast dish incorporates sweet potatoes to amp up the flavor of the pancakes, making them the ideal choice for a brisk fall morning. Whether you make your own sweet potato puree by roasting sweet potatoes or use puree from a can, the result will be a homemade pancake that is lighter and fluffier than anything you could purchase from a box.
You may make your own sweet potato puree by using roasted sweet potatoes. Your Thanksgiving feast will have more of a feeling of a satisfying conclusion when pecans are included in it. First thing in the morning, who doesn’t want a cause to fantasize about eating pie?
How do you roast sweet potato pancakes ?
Even if you can get them already canned, roasting sweet potatoes is a simple technique worth trying. The sweet potatoes, once peeled and diced, should be spread out in a single layer across a baking sheet, after being seasoned all over with kosher salt and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about half an hour. Wait until they have cooled slightly before mashing. Any leftover mashed sweet potatoes that haven’t been over-seasoned with anything other than salt can be used instead.
What’s the best way to mash sweet potatoes?
The easiest way is to put them in a food processor and pulse them until they are smooth. Since sweet potatoes have much less starch than regular potatoes, pulverizing them in a food processor won’t make them stick together. Besides that, you could use a regular potato masher or a ricer.
If you want to keep the fall theme going through the mornings, put these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes on the menu. Have you tried this fall-themed recipe yet? Tell us what you thought about how it went in the section below.
Have you made this already? Tell us what you thought about how it went in the section below.
Note from the Editor: The beginning of this recipe was changed on September 16, 2022, to give more information about the food being made.
Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
If potato pancakes haven’t been served by the time the morning is over, we’ll consider it a failure. This delightful twist on the classic breakfast dish incorporates sweet potatoes to amp up the flavor of the pancakes, making them the ideal choice for a brisk fall morning.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a wooden spoon until they are just mixed.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the butter is foamy, turn the heat down to medium-low and add just under half a cup of pancake batter to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until bubbles start to form in the batter and the bottom is golden brown. Then flip the pancake and cook the other side for another 3 minutes, or until it is also golden brown.
- The remaining batter should be used to make another batch. Add extra butter, some toasted pecans, and more maple syrup before serving.
Leave a Comment