Tandoori Chicken recipe is one of the most famous in South Asia, especially in Pakistan & India. Easy to make and very tasty and spicy. You can try it anywhere in the world. Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor or oven. This dish is popular not only in India it is also popular in many other parts of the world.
This tandoori chicken is low fat and is packed full of flavor. It’s quick to cook and spicy in taste. It can make your meal healthier. You can serve this tandoori chicken with saffron rice, minted yogurt, side salad, and flatbreads.
You may also love these chicken recipes:
- Honey sesame chicken spicy recipe
- Chicken Jalfrezi recipe
- Chicken Tikka Biryani recipe
- Chicken Tikka Masala Recip
- You may also love recipe videos
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Marinating: 3 hrs
- Total Time: 3 hrs 35 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Servings: 4-5
- Keyword: Tandoori Chicken
- Author: Allrecipesweb
Salt- 1.5 tsp
Lemon Juice- 3 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1.5 tbsp
Hung Curd- 6 tbsp
Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 5 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
Mace (Javitri) powder- 1/4 tsp
Cardamom Powder- 1/2 tsp
Roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi ( dried Fenugreek leaves)- 1 tsp
Red Food Colour (optional)- pinch
Oil- 3 tbsp
Butter or Oil for basting- 4-5 tbsp
- Wash and pat dry the whole Chicken Legs.
- Now make slits on them, 3 on the thigh portion and 2 on the legs.
- To make the Hung Curd, add around 300 gm of curd or plain yogurt in a strainer kept in a bowl and allow the water to drain completely. This should take around 1 hr.
- For the 1st Marination, take the whole legs in a bowl and add all the items for the 1st marinade.
- Mix it well, making sure that the marinade is rubbed inside the slits made earlier.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for around 1 hour.
- To make the 2nd Marinade, take another bowl and add all the ingredients. Whisk it well to make a uniform and smooth marinade.
- Now add the marinated chicken legs to the 2nd marinade and mix it well, making sure the marinade coats the chicken completely and massaged well inside the slits made earlier.
- Now cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hrs or overnight.
- Arrange the marinated chicken legs on a metal rack.
- Slide in the rack/tray in the top slot of the oven.
- Roast for 10 mins at 250 degrees C. After 10 mins flip the chicken.
- Roast for another 10 mins at 250 degrees C on the other side.
- Flip the chicken legs and baste with melted butter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
- Roast for a total of another 20 mins at 200 degrees C. Flip the chicken after 10 mins and continue basting with melted butter.
- Remove the tray once the edges of the chicken are lightly charred.
- Serve as an appetize
People also search this recipe as
Tandoori Chicken | Tandoori Chicken Recipe | Tandoori Chicken in the Oven | Tandoori Chicken in OTG | Chicken Tandoori | Tandoori Chicken Restaurant Style | How to Make Tandoori Chicken | Chicken Tandoori Recipe
Servings: 4 to 6
Amount per serving
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Total Sugars: 3g
Vitamin C: 2mg
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition.
(-) If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for your personal consumption.
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018 ESHA Research, lnc. All Rights Reserved.
Common questions about tandoori chicken
What makes the tandoori chicken so delicious?
Tandoori Chicken is delicious because it is roasted in a tandoor which gives it a flavor and it has various spices in it but without any oil. That is what makes it so delicious.
What gives tandoori chicken red color?
A spicy version of tandoori chicken is colored by red chili powder and cayenne pepper, which gives it its trademark, In most US restaurants, spices or food coloring are used to achieve the red color that is traditionally associated with the dish.
Is tandoori chicken healthy?
This tandoori chicken is low fat and contains all necessary nutrients like protein, vitamins, and calcium, etc. So, it’s not harmful to health.