The Best Cookies Recipe! This is the finest chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ve ever tried! There are no unusual ingredients, no chilling time, and so forth. Simply a basic, uncomplicated, really delicious, doughy yet thoroughly cooked chocolate chip cookie that comes out flawlessly every time!
Everyone needs a good classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, and this is mine. It is, without a doubt, the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever! I’ve been making them for years, and everyone who tries them thinks they’re out of this world amazing! The Best Cookies Recipe!
Furthermore, there are no unusual additives, no cooling, and so on. Simply a basic, uncomplicated, really delicious, doughy yet thoroughly cooked chocolate chip cookie that comes out flawlessly every time!
These are the epitome of a chocolate chip cookie. Crispy and chewy texture. Doughy yet completely cooked. Perfectly buttery and sweet. The Best Cookies Recipe!
Chocolate chip cookies: how to make them
Let’s take a step-by-step look at how to create chocolate chip cookies, and don’t forget to watch the video. The Best Cookies Recipe!
Cookie dough with chocolate chip
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for these quick chocolate chip cookies. Make careful you measure the flour precisely when doing this. Use a measuring cup designed for dry ingredients (NOT a pyrex liquid measuring cup). Then, scoop the flour into a measuring cup and level it with a knife. The Best Cookies Recipe!
Next, mix together the butter and sugars, being careful to soften the butter ahead of time by removing it from the refrigerator at least two hours before baking so it’s ready to go when you need it. You may also microwave it for approximately 7 seconds, but be cautious not to melt it. When the butter/sugar mixture is fully combined, add the eggs and vanilla and stir well. Stir in the dry ingredients until barely mixed. Then stir in the chocolate chunks until equally distributed throughout the dough.
LOTS of chocolate chips are required. Every nibble should include at least two gooey chocolate chips. The chocolate chip cookie dough should roll easily and not be sticky. It should not be crumbly or dried. The best texture may be seen in the shot below. The Best Cookies Recipe!
Roll dough & portion
When the cookie dough is completed, portion and roll the dough. Although many individuals make cookies by eye, I strongly advocate using a cookie scoop.
Using a culinary scoop ensures that all of the cookies are the same size and bake evenly. This stainless steel cookie scoop is my favorite and I use it every time I bake cookies. You may either bake or freeze your dough at this stage. The Best Cookies Recipe!
Cookie Dough To Freeze:
Because this chocolate chip cookie recipe yields so many cookies, I often make a double batch and freeze some for later. That way, I’ll have dough on hand in case of an unexpected company or a cookie desire.
Before storing the cookie dough in an airtight container, I prefer to flash-freeze it. Roll the cookie dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, place the baking sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until the dough has frozen somewhat.
Once the dough has frozen slightly, place the cookie dough balls in an airtight container or plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months. The Best Cookies Recipe!
How to cook with frozen dough
There are two methods for baking frozen dough:
- Thaw it first: I like to keep the dough in the freezer for unexpected guests. Remove the dough balls from the freezer, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and cover with a light linen towel or napkin to defrost. Then, once they’ve reached room temperature (approximately 1-2 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen), bake them according to the recipe directions (at 375 degrees F). SO simple! The Best Cookies Recipe!
- Bake from frozen: Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, preheat the oven to 350°F (ONLY IF USING FROZEN DOUGH) and place the cookies in the oven at the start of the preheating time. (Preheat the oven while the cookies are baking.) Set the timer for 15 minutes and then remove the cookies. The top will be a little darker than normal, but they will still taste delicious.
Bake until they appear to be finished.
If you’re baking the cookies right away, form them into balls, space them evenly on a baking sheet (approximately 1.5 to 2 inches apart), and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. The most crucial tip I can give you is to not overbake these chocolate chip cookies! It’s OK if they don’t look done when you take them out of the oven. The Best Cookies Recipe!
These chocolate chip cookies will not look done at the end of the baking period, but they are. When you take them out of the oven, they will appear a bit doughy, which is OK. They should be gently browned in a few spots, which is precisely what you want. They will set up after a few minutes on the cookie sheet. I never cook them for longer than 9 minutes.
Cool the chocolate chip cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool entirely (or eat them warm while the chocolate chips are still melty)!
These chocolate chip cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
What is the secret to making gooey chocolate chip cookies?
To keep this finest chocolate chip cookie recipe gooey, don’t overbake them. The Best Cookies Recipe!
In my experience, there are a few primary causes behind this:
1) Leftover leavening agents If you use expired baking soda or baking powder, your chocolate chip cookies will likely flatten and spread. Even if the date on the container is correct, the container may still be contaminated. That would be my first port of call.
To see if your baking soda is active, mix 12 cups of boiling water, 14 teaspoons vinegar, and 14 teaspoons baking soda. When you add the baking soda, a reaction should happen right away. If not, you’ll need to replace the baking soda.
To see if your baking powder is active, do the following: 12 teaspoon baking powder to 12 cups hot water It should instantly bubble. A response should occur right away. If not, you’ll need to replace your baking powder. The Best Cookies Recipe!
2) Excessive mixing. Over-mixing the ingredients in this finest chocolate chip cookie recipe may result in flat cookies.
3) The ingredients are too hot. Over-mixing might sometimes cause your components to get overheated. If you observe this, you may refrigerate the dough before baking to bring it back to room temperature.
4) Inadequate oven temperature. I recommend using an electric convection oven for baking. If your cookies and other baked products aren’t coming out right, get an inexpensive oven thermometer to check the temperature. The cookies will not come out nicely if your oven is too hot or too cold. The Best Cookies Recipe!
May You Also Love This!
The Best Cookies Recipe
This is the greatest chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ve ever tried. There are no unusual ingredients, no chilling time, and so forth. Simply a basic, uncomplicated, really delicious, doughy yet thoroughly cooked chocolate chip cookie that comes out flawlessly every time!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Set aside a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
In a separate dish, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder. Place aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Mix in a 12-ounce box of chocolate chips.
- Roll 2-3 TBS of dough into balls at a time (depending on how big you prefer your cookies) and set them equally spread on the prepared cookie sheets. (Alternatively, create your cookies with a tiny cookie scoop).
- Bake for around 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven. Take them out when they are just beginning to brown.
- Allow them to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Recipe data derived based on this recipe yielding 36 cookies (2 TBS of dough per cookie) Do not overbake.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will still appear doughy. THIS is the key to the incredible taste of these cookies! Please, please, please do not overbake!
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 183
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 8g13%
- Saturated Fat 5g25%
- Cholesterol 27mg9%
- Sodium 153mg7%
- Potassium 31mg1%
- Total Carbohydrate 26g9%
- Sugars 18g
- Protein 2g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.